Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Worth The Wait"


As I said in the previous post, I was sick in bed during the entire fasting LTE. This wasn't completely a bad thing as I was able to read through old journal entries from my teenage years and on. Lately, I've done a lot of reflecting about my journey over the past 3 years through graduating, leaving home, ending up in an abusive situation, coming out of that, and now, being an intern in an amazing ministry!! Sometimes it makes me feel old, to think that I graduated in 2008 and it is already 2011! Here is a poem from my journal; I started this in the end of 2009 and just finished it this weekend. :) Let me know what you think!

"Worth The Wait"

The pain subsides and all seems clear,

As I get up on my feet.

The storm was long and treacherous,

Through it I couldn't even see.

So many times I called your name,

But the thunder crashed so loud.

Still, you were right there waiting,

To push away the clouds.

You saw the tears fall down my cheek,

As my heart was torn in two.

It killed your heart to watch me hurt,

But yet you always knew...

As the darkness overcame my soul,

And I knew not who I was.

When I felt so robbed of innocence,

Still you'd look on me with love.

You knew one day I'd encounter you,

And it would change my life.

You had faith I'd have the strength to stand,

And not give up the fight.

You were never disappointed,

In mistakes that I had made.

All the while searching,

For love in the wrong place.

For you knew that I'd soon find it,

And you were waiting for the day...

When I'd rest safely in your arms,

As you'd whisper...

"You were worth the wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment