Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Refinement

Dear Jesus,


I think I'm FINALLY starting to understand the term "Beauty in Brokenness". It's such a bittersweet feeling; to be humbled at the foot of the cross. When everything I ever thought I was or hoped to become is stripped away and I realize my true identity is in you and THROUGH you. Without you, I have nothing. Without you I AM nothing. Without you...I have no reason to live. Jesus...BE MY EVERYTHING. All the worldly things that I used to treasure in my heart seem to fade into the background as I fall deeper and deeper in love with you. May I always burn for you inside...may my heart always be close to your fire! Lord, let me never grow apathetic again to your words, to your love, TO YOUR HEART. I want to dance with you for hours in fields of wildflowers. I want to rest in your arms, completely safe and sound. I want to always know who I am in you and know that I no longer have to be afraid. It is here that I'm loved. It is here that I'm cherished. It is here that I'm FREE to be ME! Thank you for loving me even when I don't deserve it. There is nothing I can do to earn your love; I don't have to BE anything but myself...I don't have to TRY to become what I think I should be. Thank you, Daddy. I love you.

Forever yours,
Your little princess

No comments:

Post a Comment