Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be Not Afraid!

Throughout the Norway trip, the Lord revealed Himself to me in so many ways that I've never experienced before. The team went to Norway to "break chains" and bring freedom not just in worship, but in every area of their lives. It is definitely safe to say that chains were not only broken off of THEM, but in my life as well.

Growing up, I always considered myself a shy girl. I have now come to the realization that I have been believing a lie. Yes, I am normally a quiet person...BUT...there is a difference between being gentle-spirited and being SHY. Being shy is something I have started considering as a stronghold in my life. I know that the Lord has big plans for me; it has been confirmed numerous times through prayer, circumstances, AND other people...but if I put God in a box, telling Him that He can only do so much in my life because I'm not willing to take that step of boldness; because I'm AFRAID...how can I ever expect to grow?

2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity; but of power, of love, and of self-discipline."

No comments:

Post a Comment