Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forgiveness is a Choice!

One of the things that the Lord has been really working in me on is the forgiveness issue. Growing up, I never had a good relationship with Dad; which now I realize is the root of a lot of my relationship problems. I hold things against certain people that they most likely don't even know hurt me. I expect too much of people; I hold them up to this 'perfect standard' when, really, I can't even live up to that myself!


I always feel defeated when the past comes up and I can't let it go from my memory. The truth is, the past will always be there. You can't live like it never happened; it has made you who you are...but forgiveness is a choice. You can choose to let your past circumstances tbeat you to the ground and make you an angry, bitter, lonely person; or you can stand back up when they knock you down, choose to be the bigger person, and stop the negative thoughts before they can take hold of you...which, in the end, brings so much more freedom than you will ever be able to comprehend!

No comments:

Post a Comment