Tuesday, July 26, 2011

True Romance

"For He has chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." - Ephesians 1:4

Whew! Huge revelation or what?? No? Let me break it down a bit more.

God...

CHOSE us...(yes, me and you!)

BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD!

This means...we are CHOSEN. 
Before every single happening in the Bible - God chose you! He knew who you were going to be - your personality, your hair, your eyes, your interests, your passions...everything about who you would become; and He still CHOSE you. BEFORE the creation of the world. Before Adam and Eve. Before Moses. Before King David. Before the birth of Jesus. HE. CHOSE. YOU.

For some reason this just blew my mind this morning. If I could hold on to this truth through every season of my life...I would no longer need anything of the world to satisfy my heart...for I have found true satisfaction in my heavenly prince!
Think about it.
He knows EVERYTHING about me. My wants, my desires, my needs, what calms me down on a stressful day, what my favorite movie is, what I need to hear when I'm down, and even the moments where I don't know how I'm feeling and I just need chocolate.
Maybe it's stalkerish...or maybe it's love.

Talk about a true romance!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment