Tuesday, August 24, 2010

NOW....my heart is truly overwhelmed!

I wanted to take a few minutes and share what God is doing here in my life at The Honor Academy.


I have auditioned and been accepted into the School Of Worship! Which is a compelete miracle...because of the fact I had completely given up when it came to that part of my life. Yes, I sing at Hamilton Life Church and I play two instruments, but I had planned on it just being something that I did because I thrououghly enjoyed it...it was more of a hobby. Randy Olsson (one of the leaders here at HA) was speaking about our past experiences and how sometimes we let them define our future, which is totally what I had done. Last weekend, God awakened a passion inside me that I can't even put into words. They called for last minute audition sign ups and I knew I had to go.

I was SO nervous! I knew how to play piano, guitar....and sing. But when it came to music theory, because when I was in Florida, I'd given it up...I did horrible! I thought I was out for sure! They posted the audition results that night in the cafeteria...and much to my suprise, I was IN!!! =D I am called to worship, but I also have a passion for kids....so I have no idea what the Lord is preparing me for! For now, I will be focusing on becoming a leader of worship. I cannot tell you how happy this makes my heart! It makes me want to cry every time I think about the opportunities that God is putting before me.

We have officially moved into our rooms (the ones we were in for Gauntlet week were temporary).

We also had our commitment banquet Friday night and I was sworn into the School of Worship. Again...I cannot describe the joy this brings to my heart!! =D

Saturday we had sessions and found out who our core groups were for the entire year.
Core Group = A group of 10-12 girls you meet with every couple of days and pray, encourage each other, and keep one another accountable in your walks.

Sunday we tried a church out as a core (they allow us to go off campus and get involved in a home church on Sundays). It wasn't horrible...it just wasn't MY church and I got a little emotional and homesick. In the afternoon, we had CORE day. We spent the entire day with our cores. We went out to lunch after church to Chili's...and then came back for a picture scavenger hunt ALL over campus....BUT there was one catch. We had to put on our craziest, most modest outfit....and they didn't tell us what we were doing until AFTER we had changed. Each of us had like 5 layers on. It was SOOOO hot...but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life! =)
After the hunt, Rachel and Michelle (our core leaders) took us to an AMAZING place on the lake. Its a place called YWAM (Youth With A Mission)...its a small campus with an internship like ours. They have a "chapel" with glass windows overlooking the lake. It was GORGEOUS. I led the group in a couple worship songs (first time!!). :) We had our quiet time, then went to Dairy Queen and they took us to yet another peaceful place. We sat on our blankets as the two leaders shared their testimonies ( and I must say they were POWERFUL!).

Monday (yesterday) we found out our ministry placements. Yay! I am in the Acquire the Fire call center....which means I will be calling youth pastors and pastors to inform and invite to the events. I will be placed on a city and I will call for that general area. The cool part is, its OUR job to get these teens to the events....which plays a huge part in them! I can't wait! The city I will be calling for, I will also get to go to the event and see the people that I helped get to the event, which is going to be AWESOME!

We have training all this week and classes start Thursday so I am excited about that as well!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read the updates, it means a lot!

School of Worship is going to be an extra $1,800.00, so if you would be interested in helping me out:


You can call 1-800-863-6306. My TM ID is #2606074. Make sure you let them know! :)

Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment